Outdoor Decor Inspiration
You may have asked yourself “Can I decorate the outside of my house the same way I do the inside?” And the answer is a definite YES! By following a few simple guidelines, you can create an outdoor area that reflects your style.
- Consider the area that you will be decorating. Is it in the shade? Is it windy? Is it covered or exposed to the elements? Your answer to this question will be your guide throughout the selection process. Items exposed to the sun need to be fade resistant (including your outdoor fabrics!). Windy areas need pieces that are heavy enough to avoid the occasional gusty wind catastrophe or simply remember to take them inside when not in use. Covered areas give you more flexibility in your decor choices since they are less likely to be impacted by sun, rain or wind.
- Look for materials that will handle the weather such as aluminum, ceramics, resins and other metals with protective finishes. Unfinished metals can be treated with a protective clear finish spray found at your area home improvement or hardware store.
- Think about pieces that can do double duty such as a garden stool which can serve as a table or additional seating. Use plant stands for displaying statuary and other pieces.
- Add pops of color wherever possible to compliment your furniture using outdoor pillows or rugs. Whimsical colors can be added with fun pieces that can be scattered throughout the yard.
- Don’t forget the lighting! Add table lamps, lanterns or other accent lighting to set the mood during your evening gatherings.
- Skip the plain terracotta pots and choose a container with a little more flair for your plants.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to outdoor decorating! Let your imagination and personality shine!
Visit our showroom for more outdoor decor inspiration. We have a wonderful selection of traditional and unique garden decor and outdoor lighting.